things that make the heart beat faster
This arrived in my inbox this morning:
Dear Ms X:For all I know, they may reject it, but the agony of anticipation is itself a pleasure of a kind. It's like the feeling you might get when the cute boy on the other side of the classroom sees you smiling at him. Your game is totally up. He may ignore your presence for the rest of your high school career -- but then again, he might not.
Thank you for your submission of "manuscript" to Journal of Q. I have taken on responsibility for the review process, so if you have any questions you should feel free to contact me at this address.
Sincerely,
Mr Z
Collaborating Editor,
Journal of Q
That's probably the worst metaphor ever concocted, but it's barely 7am and I need to leave for work in twenty minutes, so cut me some slack.
(Compliments and apologies to Nil for swiping the subject line.)
1 comment:
no worries--it was a suggestion from citizen k, and it may have been in the original pillow book from whence nix had the idea in the first place.
congratulations!
Post a Comment