wah, wah, wah
My adviser didn't care much for the draft out there that sort of exists as my first chapter.
Wah, wah, wah.
Well, I shouldn't be that surprised... A) It's in a very different theoretical vein than the ones she tends to mine; B) It's limited to a very small institutional space really and doesn't have that much in the way of ethnographic / sociological context... And it's a draft, for heaven's sake. To be fair, it's very limited in scope and says nearly nothing about southern Africa, and I think that freaked her out. But she didn't like the argument, and she didn't seem to like the writing, and having one's adviser really not dig one's work isn't much fun.
Last week I wrote a 1500-word report for one of my granting agencies. That she seemed to like...
I know, I know... It's not the end of the world, it's a draft, it's whatever, I just got back, she's crazy-busy this term, etc. My other advisers don't seem as perturbed or put off, and (as my house-mate reminded me) at the end of the day, it's my thesis. But still: not fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment