19 February 2007

toasty

I'd just like to record for posterity the current ten-day weather forecast from weather.com... and yes, I'm being biased towards those of you who think in Fahrenheit:

High 93, low 65
High 92, low 64
High 95, low 64
High 98, low 71
High 94, low 69
High 94, low 67
High 94, low 67
High 93, low 66
High 90, low 64
High 91, low 65

(The celsius conversions are here.)

My housemate was looking up the average monthly temperatures for Gaborone, and was cheered by the fact that March is, on average, 4 degrees Fahrenheit cooler than February. (She's from Boston, and was sighing over a nice average annual range of 30F-80F.) Anyway, I had her look up Phoenix by way of comparison. As it turns out, Phoenix gets hotter than Gabs, but temperatuers in Gabs stay higher for more of the year than in Phoenix.

All that to say that I should be accustomed to this climate -- and I find that I seem to adjust more easily than, say, the aforementioned housemate. But this also means that I am well- trained in pining for cooler weather. I had managed to put this out of my mind until my housemate looked up the weather patterns for Boston, but now I am longing for a breezy day with a high of 60F the way a thirsty person suddenly remembers what cool water feels like going down the throat.

No comments:

Post a Comment