02 April 2008

hyperventilation

I sat next to royalty today.

Yes, it's a small country. Even so, I almost hyperventilated.

I was at a meeting of the community advisory board of one of the institutions I study. It was the first time I attended a meeting of this group. As I was reading over the minutes of the previous meeting, I noted a particular person's name. A moment later, that person walked into the room and sat down next to me.

These things happen in Botswana.

I was careful to address him correctly. (I've heard stories of people being corrected when they fail to address certain people in the proper manner.) He was quite lovely to me. But when was the last time you sat next to someone who could, by some serious argument, be addressed as "King"?

I can't help it, it's in the air these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment