nobody tells me nothin'
I've been under a rock. Yes, even more than usual. I am finding that writing in the field is not easy. I am trying to think about adherence assessments as ritual. I am trying to think about them semiotically. Every so often, I think this is very exciting. More often, however, I come to the conclusion that I am crazy as a loon.
Anyway, so I only found out yesterday that I am supposed to sing the mezzo-soprano solo and the mezzo line of the trio for the Bach Magnificat in the two concerts we're singing in two and a half weeks' time. I can now conveniently leverage one set of anxieties against another. A friend suggested that since my last kitten was named in honour of my younger-sibling complex, I should name my next pet 'performance anxiety'.
I tried to pull an all-nighter last night with the paper, and fell apart not long after 1am. I am just not nineteen anymore and that's all there is to it. Today, I am propping myself up with tea.
My housemate and I took a scrabble break last night. We took the board and a few beers outside and played under the vine that grows over the courtyard, now festooned with the Christmas lights J found at Game City. It's been amazingly rainy lately, and Gabs is practically lush. As we were playing, a little frog came hopping over to visit us. It made my night.
No comments:
Post a Comment