15 November 2007

en (power)pointe

You know you are having a good time when you turn a paper on Foucault and semiotics into a powerpoint presentation.

I think the last powerpoint presentation in which I had any part was ... um, 1997? The last one I remember was for the Introduction to International Business course my father talked me into taking the summer after I finished college. I was on a team with two undergrad male business school students. We had to present on Norway. They were really excited about powerpoint. I think I let them do whatever they wanted with the powerpoint as long as I had control over the content of my part of the presentation.

Someone -- you know who you are -- started going down the road of a semiotic analysis of a powerpoint presentation on semiotics, but then my brain started bleeding.

It's been that and a rehearsal schedule from hell of late. Guess who lead the ladies through the 'Gloria' of Bach's Magnificat, which none of us had ever seen before? I have a strange life. My new coping strategy for dealing with the collection of rather trite Christmas carols we are singing in next week's concert is to catalogue carols written in a minor key. The list thus far:

  1. The Angel Gabriel
  2. Coventry Carol
  3. Crown of Roses (the goriest Christmas carol ever!)
  4. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Any contributions?

No comments:

Post a Comment