04 April 2011

Baby's 34th job application

Here's how it stands: I may or may not defend in mid-May.


After 34 job applications, my score is: 5 institutions asked for more materials (done); 1 institution has invited me for two phone interviews (done, with mixed success); 1 has brought me out for a campus visit (done, and a quite enjoyable experience). I have not heard anything definitive from either of these last two. 1 institution asked for more materials before I had even turned in my letter of application (done, and a very nice compliment), but the deadline for that job was only the end of last week.

If one of these three balls in the air works out, I will defend. If they all dry up, I will not.

In the meantime, I have to presume one of them will work out, and write the diss like I will defend in mid-May. (If I assume none of them will work out, then I run the risk of getting caught with a dissertation that's not ready to be defended.)

That's the update.

No comments:

Post a Comment