Kitties!
OK, I don't know what happened to March. It just blew by.
You might remember that last winter and spring I was minding some kitties that belonged to a colleague who was doing her fieldwork in Armenia. Thankfully, when I broke my foot in late August, another colleague took the cats off my hands until their owner returned in early September. But I missed them, and I missed Methodius (my fieldworkin' kitty). Recovering from foot surgery is not the best time to get a new cat, however, so I waited.
Until yesterday.
I had been eyeing the ads on petfinder from time to time, thinking that I would like two cats who could keep each other company, but not entirely sure I wanted to train and socialize kittens.
Then, Saturday afternoon, I found this pair:
That's Simon in the left-most shot, and Sally in the one next to it. In the shot of the two of them, Sally's on the viewer's left. They're just three years old, a brother-sister pair of tabby/Bengal mix who were surrendered by their owners to the shelter (i.e., not street kitties). I emailed the woman who was fostering them. She called me back a few hours later, and we set up a meeting for the following afternoon.
BH and I went to meet them yesterday. The girl kitty was a bit skittish, but much less skittish than I had expected and much more engaged and interested in us than I had anticipated. Her brother is a bit more laid back and seemed ready for a nap while his sister pranced all over the place. She's quite a small kitty, though neither of them is very large. They sleep and eat together and groom each other, so the story goes. I think they're just the right amount of kitty for me right now.
I don't have a thing in place--not a litter pan, not nothing--so while I filled out all the paperwork yesterday, I won't pick them up until the end of next week.
1 comment:
How Lovely! Brother/Sister pairs are really the best.
Post a Comment