lucky girl
I bet you didn't know that The Joy of Cooking includes a set of instructions regarding how to skin a squirrel with one's boot. Thanks to my brilliant conversational skills, a couple of my advisers now know this too...
This has been a remarkable week--well, relatively remarkably for a woman whose life currently consists of read-mull-type-read-mull-type, etc.--for two reasons. First, thanks to a friend's kindness and to being in the right place at the right time, I have an office until the beginning of September. This arrangement is very much on the quiet, and the office will dearly need to acquire a fan in the coming week. But I'm thoroughly chuffed to have a place in which I can leave books and papers, no longer needing to drag whatever it is I'm working on from home to school and back again.
Second, I got a job without really having to apply for it. I've been hired "on retainer" by a professor who'll be out of the country for the summer. My job is to wait for an email from her asking for a particular article or a portion of a book, and then scan it and email it to her. I get paid whether she actually requests anything or not; I get paid more if I go over the hours already allotted to me.
Between all this and the temperature finally rising above 80 F, I've got nothing to complain about.
No comments:
Post a Comment